Character Research and References

I have been researching what animals can be found in the same environment as a polar bear and I now have a list of animals that the main character, lonely bear, will meet on his travels:
  • Arctic Fox

  • Great Grey Owl

  • Moose

  • Common Seal
I have also been gathering images of each of these animals that I will use as references for designing the characters for the animation.

Polar Bear Reference Images

These are just some of the reference images I have gathered that I will use to help create the lonely bear character.


I also found this great video of a mother bear emerges from her winter long sleep with two new arrivals. With brilliant images of mother polar bear sledging down the slopes and cute cubs first taste of the Arctic air. Every time I watch it, it makes me smile.



Arctic Fox Reference Images

Here are some reference images of arctic foxes.



Here is a video showing arctic fox cubs playing together.



Great Grey Owl Reference Images

These are some of the images I will use for reference when designing the owl character.

This video has some great footage of the Great Grey Owl and also includes some interesting facts.




Moose Reference Images

Some images of moose.


Common Seal Reference Images

A few reference images of seals.


No comments:

Post a Comment